Pont du Cam
Award-winning Chalet Pont du Cam is set in the heart of Meribel and offers a luxurious alpine retreat from which to explore the Three Valleys, the largest ski area in the world. From the secluded decked terrace and wellness suite to the palatial first floor entertaining space, this chalet is worth its World Ski Award accolade of World’s Best New Ski Chalet.
Spread over 425m2, the chalet sleeps up to 14 guests across 7 individually designed suites, each named after a famous Cambridge University college – the walls of each room depicting aspects of Cambridge both old and new. The chalet offers guests a fabulous living space taking up almost the entire first floor and the wellness suite features an outdoor hot tub, soothing hammam, private gym and Bamford massage treatment room. A private cinema, pool table and mood lit bar set the scene for a perfect mountain getaway.
The chalet is located in Meribel 1600. Meribel Centre is only a 5 minute chauffeur drive away and only a 2 minute drive from the Doron piste which offers easy access to the main lifts of the Chaudanne. From here you can discover one of the largest ski areas in the world, the famous, and world beating, Three Valleys.
The fabulous living space encompasses almost the entire first floor. Warm yourself in front of the fire after a day on the slopes, snuggle into the sofas with a good book or take a seat at the champagne bar watching the sun set from the picture windows overlooking the Meribel valley. You can relive your finest piste moments over a game of pool before your exquisite dinner is served in the dining room. Why not end the evening on the decked terrace with a coffee or digestif or perhaps indulge in a late night hot tub. Open plan but perfectly separated by the feature fireplace, this is the perfect space for all your party’s needs.
The large southwest facing terrace sets the scene for glorious days and perfect nights. The large luxury 8-seater hot tub is perfectly positioned for you to enjoy incredible and world famous mountain views. Relax in the sunshine on the deck loungers or indulge in a glass of bubbles at the bar. The Wellness Suite includes a hammam, a private gym and your very own Bamford treatment room where you can indulge in Bamford’s botanic and organic treatments, facials and massages. If you still need to find your inner peace then why not sneak off to the private cinema and end the day watching one of your favourite films!
The chalet name, Pont du Cam, roughly translates to mean ‘Bridge over Cam’, Cam being the main river that flows through the city of Cambridge. The chalet’s logo is based on the Mathematical Bridge, that can be found on the grounds of Queens’ College, Cambridge. Each of the chalet’s 7 individually designed suites are named after a famous Cambridge university college and the walls of each room depict aspects of Cambridge both old and new. The award winning chalet offers a true melange of Alpine Culture and a historic British institution.
- Entrance hall
- Ski boot room with ski racks and boot warmers
- Cinema/media Room
- Bamford Spa massage/treatment room
- Gym (with running machine, exercise bike, rowing machine, power plate and free weights)
- Large open plan living area encompassing almost the entire first floor
- Feature wood burning fireplace with both a lounge area and separate seated area
- Champagne bar with pool table
- Dining area seating 14 guests
- Doors leading out to Southwest decked terrace and large 8-seater hot tub
- Stunning mountain views throughout
- Queens Suite (1) – Master twin or double with vaulted ceiling, en suite bathroom featuring bath with integrated shower. Shared balcony access
- Emmanuel Suite (2) – Twin or double with en suite bathroom featuring bath with integrated shower. Shared balcony access
- Trinity Suite (3) – Master twin or double with seating area, en suite bathroom featuring bath with integrated shower. Shared balcony access
- Magdalene Suite (4) – Master twin or double with seating area, en suite bathroom featuring bath with integrated shower. Shared balcony access
- Pembroke Suite – (5) Twin or double bed with en suite bathroom featuring bath with integrated shower. Shared balcony access
- Fitzwilliam Suite (6) –Twin or double with en suite shower room. Private balcony
- Kings Suite (7) – Master twin or double with vaulted ceiling and seating area, en suite bathroom featuring bath with integrated shower. Private balcony
- Darwin (8) – Single bedroom available on request (at additional cost)
Pont du Cam is very conveniently located in Meribel 1600, with local bars, restaurants and shops just a moment’s stroll. Meribel Centre with it’s lively après and wide variety of cafés, boutiques and restaurants is only a 5 minute chauffeured drive away.
Skiing access from Pont du Cam is simple, being only a 2 minute drive from the Doron piste which offers easy access to the main lifts of the Chaudanne. From here you can discover one of the largest ski areas in the world, the famous, and world beating, Three Valleys.