Ferme de Moudon
Few properties in the world possess the history, magic and charm of Ferme de Moudon; it may just be the most iconic chalet in the Alps. The sympathetic renovation, completed under the discerning eye of Nicky Dobree, has ensured the traditional architecture and authentic features of this eighteenth century farmhouse have been preserved. Interiors are classically elegant, yet the cosy textures and sumptuous furnishings are warm and inviting.
This chalet is a true retreat from reality; its location is incredibly private and secluded, yet you are only moments from the chic Alpine resort of Les Gets. Standing on the balcony, you hear nothing but the tumbling stream or the morning birdsong; you see nothing but the mountains, the snow-clad pines and the skies.
The chalet’s 4 floors and 6 bedrooms accommodates up to 12 people in pure luxury. The hand-picked team delivers a discreet yet highly personal service, anticipating your every need and leaving you with lasting memories.
The unassuming entrance from the tiny lane has a veiled air of mystery, yet as you are welcomed through the door of Ferme de Moudon, you will feel that you have returned to a familiar and much-loved home. The sumptuous sofas call you to sink down with a book or newspaper whilst the crackling log fire warms your fingers and toes. This truly magical property with its relaxing and welcoming ambiance will leave you feeling completely at ease.
The spa facilities at Ferme de Moudon invite you to embrace your incredible natural surroundings. Reinvigorate in the sauna, before stepping onto the private terrace and refreshing under the ice-cold shower, under the watchful gaze of the magnificent pine forest. Slide into the sunken hot-tub and soak away the cares of the day whilst the mountains perform their daily ritual with a breath-taking sunset. Meanwhile, inside, your spa therapist awaits to soothe and re-energise those aching muscles.
At Ferme de Moudon the bedrooms nestle beneath the ancient timbers, stunning mountain vistas are revealed from windows tucked under the eaves and the cashmere throws and soft leather furnishings tempt you to snuggle down. The sumptuous sofas in the drawing room surround the roaring log fire and from the candlelit dining table you can watch your chef preparing dinner in the open kitchen. After dinner, sink into the plush leather sofas in the TV snug with a digestif, or play a leisurely game on the billiards table.
- Master Bedroom Suite (1) – Super-king/twin beds with panoramic mountain views, iPod dock, en suite bathroom, 2 single beds plus 2 trundle beds suitable for 2 adults or up to 4 children
- Separate shower room
- Landing with study – equipped with iMac
- Entrance hall and cloakroom
- Drawing room with open log fire
- Dining room with access to balcony with steamer chairs
- Open kitchen and breakfast bar
- Additional bathroom – bath with shower over
- Bedroom 2 – Super-king/twin beds, iPod dock, en suite shower room
- TV snug with large sofas, flat-screen TV, reading balcony and access to terrace
- Billiards table and bar
- Bedroom 3 – Super-king/twin beds, iPod dock, en suite shower room
- Bedroom 4 – Super-king/twin beds, iPod dock, en suite bathroom
- Ski entrance with ski lockers and boot warmers
- Bedroom 5 – Super-king/twin beds, iPod dock, en suite shower room
- Spa area with sauna and direct access to the outdoor shower and candle lit steps leading to the sunken hot tub
Tucked away at the end of a quiet lane in the hamlet of Moudon, the chalet sits in an intensely private location. Despite this it is only a 4-minute drive to the Perrieres Express ski lift. As well as giving great access to the Morzine / Les Gets ski area this is one of our favourite places to ski in the whole of the Portes du Soleil.
For those looking to enjoy the boutiques and restaurants of Les Gets, the town centre is only a few minutes away. There are also cross-country ski trails and wonderful snow shoe walks from Mont Caly, just above Ferme de Moudon.