Fully Catered | Exclusive Use | Boutique Shared Weeks
7 nights Exclusive Use, Fully Catered | From 22,900 EUR
● 720m2 luxury ski chalet with additional chalet of 135m2
● Indoor pool with swimjet and massage jets, 8-person hot tub, barrel sauna, hamman, spa ice chamber, treatment room and hydrotherapy shower
● Airconditioned gymnasium
● Bar and lounge with pool table, wine cellar, cinema room with 4K screen and surround sound, Sonos sound system and wifi throughout
● Sleeps 12 guests in 6 en-suite bedrooms in Sapphire, plus 4 guests in 2 en-suite bedrooms in Little Gem.
● 2 Master Suites with free-standing bath tubs
● All rooms have Superking/Twin beds
● Each room features a personal safe and a GHD pack
● Most rooms have space for a cot
“Having travelled the world, staying in some of the finest luxury ski chalets, the owner of Chalet Sapphire noticed one thing. Every single one of them came with a compromise. Whether that be the layout, facilities, location, or the logistics; nothing was truly built for purpose. And so came about the vision for Chalet Sapphire. A quest to build the ultimate luxury ski chalet. A property never conceived as a second home, but rather built from the ground up for one purpose; to be the most exceptional mountain residence, A haven for luxurious ski holidays in winter and incredible retreats come summer. We talked to the owner to find out the real story behind this incredible new ski chalet.”
Chalet Sapphire is a result of being lucky enough for many years to stay in some of the best catered ski chalets around Europe with my friends and family. We enjoyed every trip but I couldn’t help but notice that on every holiday and in every chalet, there was always a compromise involved. Each chalet experience was unique with its own merits, but all came with their own challenges, whether that be in terms of the location, the way it was run day-to-day, the internal and external layout, or the facilities the chalet was able to offer.
What was needed was a luxury residence, built with the mind-set of a 5 star hotel, that offered you your own private and cosy hideaway from it all. Guests were experiencing only small glimpses of that. I wanted guests to have it all. It became a personal ambition to build a ski chalet that truly ticked all the boxes; and so it started and I spent over 5 years looking for the perfect location.
My mind was finally made up when I was offered a piece of land. I’d looked at lots of plots but that word… compromise… applied to most. They either had great views but were hard to access, or central but small and closed in. When I first walked onto the site in Morzine I knew it was the perfect location. It’s only a quick flat walk into town but it also enjoys the most fabulous view over the village and of the mountains beyond. I knew then that we could do it all here, and so it really started.
SPA & WELLNESS
The exceptional spa and wellness areas are extremely spacious for a private residence – in fact, they are a worthy destination in their own right. Of course there’s a pool – indoor, with massage and counter current jets as well as a view of the mountains. Then there’s the hamman, ice chamber and dedicated Bamford Spa where guests can choose from a range of massage and beauty treatments by a Bamford-trained therapist. But it doesn’t end there…
Outside on the terraces guests can relax in the large hot tub sunken into the deck and the barrel sauna with panoramic views over the resort. Scheduling R&R time is certainly important when staying here.
Wellness at Sapphire isn’t just about relaxation, it is very much seen as a holistic vision which perfectly echoes our modern active lifestyles. Alongside the fantastic spa facilities there is a well equipped gym, and forest trails starting at the foot of the garden.
As day turns to dusk your attention will turn to the chalet’s social spaces. The bar, complete with pool table, opens directly onto the large terrace – an incredible spot to watch the sun set. A sunken fire pit keeps the chill off as you watch night fall.
Behind the bar our professional staff prepare speciality cocktails as well as serving drinks from our Four Bottles Bar menu – there are fine wines, craft beers and a range of speciality gins to sample.
YOUR PRIVATE RESTAURANT
Adjacent to the main living area is the dining room, set around a large handmade Balinese teak table. An inset balcony frames yet another stunning view towards the Pointe de Nyon. There’s a professional closed kitchen for the ‘serious’ work, and an open show kitchen for service and chef demonstrations. From here your chef will serve stunning contemporary cuisine.
All our menus can be personalised to individual requirements, but we are also proud to showcase our own signature dining concepts which are unique to The Boutique Chalet Company. A stay wouldn’t be complete without sampling Kaiseki – our fine dining Japanese menu – and perhaps also one of our Taste menus on an evening where you want to slip away early to the cinema room, a haven for movie lovers and younger guests alike.
When it’s time to turn in for the night the bedrooms here will not disappoint. The two stunning Master Suites have incredible ceiling heights to show off the exceptional mountain views. Each room has its own USP, some have dressing rooms or freestanding baths and others have walk-in drench showers. There are no short straws here though. Every room has a super-king bed that can split to twin beds as required, so whatever the makeup of your group, you’ll be covered.
For larger groups there is one more ace in Sapphire’s pack, Chalet Little Gem is located just adjacent to the main property and offers a further two en-suite bedrooms and a generous open plan living space of its own. At 135m2 this isn’t simply an ‘annexe’, it’s a chalet in its own right and allows up to 16 guests to enjoy in uncompromising luxury this gem of the Alps.
Grounds & Exterior
- Secure gated access to Chalet Sapphire and Little Gem
- Separate staff entrances for deliveries and discretion of service
- Secure covered parking for multiple vehicles
- Double-height entrance hallway to principle chalet
- Separate boot room entrance – spacious boot room including heated boot / glove warmers and piste webcam with live weather forecast.
- Bedroom 5 – Master Suite – Superking / twin beds, en-suite shower room with freestanding bath in room. Impressive ceiling apex with expansive views towards Avoriaz from a juliet balcony.
- Bedroom 6 – Master Suite – Superking / twin beds, en-suite bathroom with separate shower and separate dressing room. Sitting area with panoramic views over the village centre and mountains beyond.
- Entrance hall and W/C leading to accommodation levels
- Principle living room with feature fireplace and inset balcony with panoramic views across the resort.
- Dining room with handcrafted Balinese dining table to seat 16 and additional breakfast bar seating. Inset balcony with panoramic views across the resort.
- Demonstration and service kitchen with teppanyaki plate for final plating before service.
- Professional closed kitchen for food preparation including direct staff and delivery access for discretion of service.
- Extensive wine cellar with a global wine selection.
- Bedroom 2 – Master Suite – Superking / twin beds, en-suite shower room with freestanding bath in room. Separate wardrobe and dressing area and balcony with views towards Mont Chery.
- Bedroom 3 – Superking / twin beds, en-suite bathroom with overhead rain shower and forest views.
- Bedroom 4 – Superking / twin beds, en-suite bathroom with overhead rain shower and forest views.
- Laundry and storage facilities.
Grounds & Exterior
- Enormous wrap around south facing terrace with various seating, dining and spa areas. Gorgeous panoramic views across the village centre and towards the pistes at Pleney and Nyon.
- Bar and lounge with pool table, TV with surround sound and direct terrace access.
- Extensive spa with indoor swimming pool featuring massage and counter-current swim jets, ice chamber with chromotherapy, hamman with aromatherapy and hydrotherapy shower.
- Direct access to large terrace with hot tub and barrel sauna with glazing to panoramic views across the resort.
- Treatment relaxation area and dedicated treatment room for Bamford massage and beauty treatments with dedicated changing area with ‘four seasons’ shower.
- Gymnasium with cardio and strength conditioning equipment and direct access to terrace.
- Cinema with large 4k display, digital surround sound and games consoles.
- Bedroom 1 – Superking / twin beds, en-suite shower room and direct access to the principle terrace.
LEVELS 1 & 2
Little Gem – Level 1
- Bedroom 1 – King / twin beds, en-suite bathroom with shower over.
- Bedroom 2 – King / twin beds, en-suite shower room and south facing balcony with mountain views.
Little Gem – Level 2
- Open plan living area and kitchen, with large south facing balcony with stunning views over the principle chalet towards the village and mountains beyond.
The location of Chalet Sapphire is one of a kind. Moments from the centre of Morzine the gated grounds offer exceptional access to the ski area as well as privacy and stunning views. Plus, only a 5 minute level walk to the bars, restaurants and boutiques of the village centre.
The closest ski lift, Super Morzine is just 500m away, taking less than 5 minutes in a chauffeured vehicle. The high altitude skiing of Avoriaz is best accessed from the Prodains Telepherique which is a 5 minute drive away. Chalet Sapphire enjoys easy access to Morzine, Les Gets and Avoriaz that all form part of the gigantic Portes du Soleil – one of the largest ski areas in the world.