● 600m2 luxury ski chalet set in a private location with stunning views
● 23 metre indoor-outdoor swimming pool
● Bamford Wellness Suite with treatment/massage room, gym, sauna and hammam
● Private cinema, library, bar, floating mezzanine dining area and children’s playroom
● Sleeps 10 + 4 in 6 en-suite bedrooms
● 1 family suite with separate bunkroom sleeping up to 4 children
● 3 rooms are Superking with en-suite
● 2 rooms are Superking / Twin beds with en-suite
● Most rooms have space for a cot
“Create a space I would be truly excited to stay in”.
That was the brief given to renowned architect, Herve Marullaz, after Chalet Joux Plane’s owner secured a large plot of mountain land that backed onto a stream and an alpine woodland. The result was Chalet Joux Plane.
Chalet Joux Plane is a chalet built without constraint. The chalet itself is spread over 600m2 with one end made almost entirely from glass and dedicated to mountain views. A 23m indoor-outdoor swimming pool passes right through the building allowing guests to swim both inside and out. The middle of the chalet is dissected, top to bottom, by a glass atrium that offers natural light to every floor and every space.
The term ‘James Bond pad’ can be grossly overused in the luxury travel industry but with Chalet Joux Plane finally it is apt. Joux Plane is a chalet built without constraint. A destination, to be experienced.
The building itself nestles into the mountain and you enter down a 15m underground tunnel that takes you from the garage and boot room into the very heart of the chalet.
The chalet itself is spread over 600m2, with one side of the chalet almost entirely glazed, offering mountain views from all the living spaces and entertainment areas. The chalet can sleep up to 14 guests across 5 luxurious bedrooms and a family/children’s bunk room, all opening out onto secluded terraces and enjoying free standing baths and hanging seats.
The specification list for the chalet is, of course, almost endless and includes a 23-meter indoor-outdoor swimming pool, a Bamford Spa including treatment room and sauna, a private gym, a cinema room, art gallery and children’s playroom. The living space is vast and includes a luxurious lounge area with open fireplace and delicious sofas, a library, a floating mezzanine dining area and a bar mezzanine with balcony overlooking the mountains.
The chalet is located in a private, elevated location; just a few minutes chauffeur drive from central Morzine. Competent skiers can ski in from the Morzine side of the valley via a short stretch of gentle off-piste. The chalet enjoys easy access to Morzine, Les Gets and Avoriaz that all form part of the gigantic Portes du Soleil – one of the largest ski areas in the world.
The specification list for the property is, of course, almost endless, but it is what’s not said that speaks volumes. Chalet Joux Plane has been created to offer contemporary cutting edge design but with a sense of whimsy. From the flow of the grain of wood to the floating mezzanine dining area; from indoor-outdoor swimming pool to the glazed front of the chalet looking out across the entire valley; from the glass atrium dissecting through the building drawing light in and illuminating the space, to the swing chairs and free-standing baths offering whimsical indulgence. Chalet Joux Plane is a chalet built without constraint, both an experience and a destination.
THE ENTERTAINMENT SPACE
The living room in Chalet Joux Plane is truly the heart of this chalet. It is lavish in size and has been intelligently designed to offer guests a variety of individual experiences. You can dine on the floating mezzanine dining area which overlooks the mountains; you can relax in deliciously comfy sofas in front of a roaring open fire; you can retreat to the library and take a beat from the high octane slopes; or enjoy an aperitif in the mezzanine bar area where floor-to-ceiling windows offer breath-taking views of the valley. Why not step onto the large balcony or one of the private terraces and indulge in a hot tub or a swim in the pool. The chalet also offers a separate cinema room, gym, Bamford spa, kids playroom and art gallery.
THE INDOOR-OUTDOOR POOL
One of the most exciting features of Chalet Joux Plane is the 23 meter indoor-outdoor swimming pool that passes right through the building itself. Located at the glazed far end of the chalet, offering breath-taking views across the mountains, the pool allows guests to swim both inside and outside, creating the ‘in-out’ living experience envisioned by the architect. You can keep the pool closed and enjoy a traditional indoor swim jet experience (accessible from the Wellness Suite of Level 0), or open it up and swim from inside to out – enjoying the chalet and the mountains all at once.
- Master Bedroom Suite (Ch1), with freestanding bath and en-suite shower room, opening out onto decked terrace (Superking)
- Bedroom 2 (Ch2), with freestanding bath and en-suite shower room, opening out onto decked terrace (Superking)
- Bedroom 3 (Ch3), family room, opening out onto decked terrace with separate kids bunk room for 4 (Superking)
- Bedroom 4 (Ch4), with freestanding bath, opening out onto decked terrace (Superking/twin)
- Bedroom 5 (Ch5), ensuite shower room, opening out onto decked terrace (Superking/twin)
- Private Gym
- Bamford Spa including massage treatment room and sauna
- Cinema Room
- 23-meter indoor-outdoor swimming pool
- 15 meter underground tunnel leading from garage directly into the chalet.
- Boot room with shower and bathroom facilities
- Games room with art gallery
- Enormous open plan living area with central fireplace, lounge area, library and snug areas, all leading out onto private terraces
- Glass atrium dissecting the chalet from floor to ceiling
- Separate raised library and bar mezzanine at the front of the building, glazed top-to-bottom, to offer stunning views across Morzine.
- Large balcony
- Kitchen and breakfast area with French doors leading out onto the private terrace for the swimming pool and hot tub.
- Kids snug / playroom
Chalet Joux Plane is located in a private, elevated location; just a minutes chauffeur drive from central Morzine. Competent skiers can ski in from the Morzine side of the valley via a short stretch of gentle off-piste.
The closest ski lift is just 250m away, taking less than a minute in a chauffeured vehicle. The high altitude skiing of Avoriaz is best accessed from the Prodains Telepherique which is a 5 minute drive away. Chalet Joux Plane enjoys easy access to Morzine, Les Gets and Avoriaz that all form part of the gigantic Portes du Soleil – one of the largest ski areas in the world.